Thursday, January 15, 2009

Give me wings and watch me fly


Today is beyond cold. Good day to be inside a warm house. I am very grateful to not be a homeless person.
For most every things in my life I like to rely on "Divine Inspiration". Call it as you may, intuition, 6th sense, plain inspiration, I like to think of it as pooling my resources from an endless supply of greatness.
This particular collage came to me as a dream, so strong it was I had to get up in the middle of the night and take notes. When I created it, it was as if I was watching someone manipulate my hands. The first art show I displayed it in, a distinguished gentleman came by and just stared at it for at least 10-15 minutes. Without speaking a word, he left and came back a few minutes later dragging his wife behind him. She was none too pleased to be dragged like so, but she came to a screeching halt in front of the collage. She started to cry and then she left. I just had to know. So I went to speak to the gentleman in question. This is what he told me... "We had an only son. He was a lepidopterist and also a strong christian. He contracted cancer and died a few months ago. On his death bed he told my wife and I: "I love you both. You gave me wings now watch me fly". This is like a message from him telling us that he is OK."... Yes I cried with him and I was grateful to have listened to that inner voice. We never know who the message really is for but we should never be afraid to listen and share. We are the tools God uses.

No comments: